Pages

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Socially Disorganised

I have just been pushed out of bed at 5am. Well let's just say with my husband and two children in there, little room is left for me. I'm not so good with children in my bed. I'm not a good sleeper at the best of times and an extra two little people in a queen-size bed doesn't do me any favours.

So a good opportunity to get up early and get organised.

I love being organised, writing lists and crossing things off. But last night I went to a great function put on by the Sydney Writers' Centre, where the lovely Valerie Khoo talked of the value of social media in terms of building a profile and making contacts and I quickly realised that I am completely disorganised.

I'm not yet on Facebook. Tweeting is something I do to make my baby laugh when she sees a pigeon. And the other day one of my mum's group was going on about 'Pinterest' like it was her new best friend. I didn't know what she was talking about.

My four-year-old has just got up to join me in the kitchen and has demanded cornflakes and craft.

Social media will have to wait for the moment. But like a dishwasher - I will get on top of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment